Housing Association Case Study
LSI assisted this large Housing Association in organising their vast portfolio.
A leading national social housing provider.
The new housing association Stonewater formed by the merger of Jephson and Raglan came into being as of 1st January 2015 and is one of the UK’s most significant social housing providers. LSI has managed Jephson Homes Housing Association since 1st July 2004 and has over the years added all sites to the main group and overcome outstanding debt on some accounts due to the supplier’s payment terms.
- Advise all suppliers on name change from Jephson to Stonewater and ensure all has been actioned correctly
- Stonewater as a housing association have to advertise all procurement via the OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) tender process
- Many sites not found on the centralised bill
- Manage the Change of Tenancies keeping the portfolio up to date
- Customer requested energy surveys on the following premises:
- A sheltered housing scheme dating from the early 1980s comprising of 29 flats with individual gas boilers/central heating and communal areas heated by off-peak electric storage heaters
- This is a 4 storey mill conversion completed in 2011 comprising of 26 general needs flats and maisonettes, which have electrical wet central heating & hot water provided by Heatrae Sadia Electromax boilers, one in each unit. Of these there are 6 top floor flats, which have the solar DHW model of this same heating system. The communal areas are not heated
- Once the suppliers who are interested in tendering under the OJEU notice have applied, LSI send out a comprehensive site list of both the gas and electricity supplies under the customer. Once the prices come back LSI prepare a Cost Analysis of all prices and this is presented to the customer for their decision, saving the customer time
- All sites that are supported by the current supplier are added to one-bill
- Results for energy surveys:
- Recommended cavity wall installation (free funded by ECO) Installation of LED lighting a saving of over 25% per annum. Advised that if tenants install CFL light bulbs there would be a saving to them.
- Recommended supplier to check all E10 meters for known metering faults, review and reset controllers for correct current E10 timings and reset hot water to 2 periods a day. Tenants saving dependant on extent of errors in current settings.
- One point of contact at LSI for all utility based queries that are experienced and able to negotiate and resolve problems with suppliers
- Assistance with budgeting
- One contact for Change of Tenancies
- One group bill for gas and electricity
- Tender process involving all suppliers who respond to the OJEU (usually 8/9 for each of gas and electricity) all produced on an analysis for customer ease
Need To Talk?
Our service team is right here in the UK and our expert advisors are on hand to handle all your enquiries.
12 Park Industrial Estate
Park Street, Frogmore
St Albans, AL2 2DR
Prefer that we call you?
Use the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your needs.
Once we have received your enquiry we will endeavour to respond within 24 working hours.