Manufacturing Case Study
LSI has assisted the Northern & Shell group in saving hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Manufacturing and Publishing.
Northern & Shell was founded in December 1974 as the publisher of the music magazine International Musician and Recording World. The company Northern & Shell Media Group has experienced almost four decades of expansion, becoming a significant force in British and worldwide media, with a portfolio of both newspapers and magazines.
Today, The Northern & Shell Media Group owns four national newspaper titles – the Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily Star and Daily Star Sunday – and celebrity magazines OK!, new! and Star, and is a 50% joint venture partner in the Irish Daily Star. In 2011 the company opened a state-of-the-art print plant in Luton, producing the portfolio of newspapers and magazines as well as providing third-party printing services.
- Initially necessary to consolidate the portfolio, ensuring group suppliers, contracts and common end dates
- Managing CCA purchases for the 2 printing works in Preston and Westferry Printers in Luton
- Site works team ensuring that the installation of 3 HH electricity meters and gas supply at the brand new Luton printing facility was on time and budget as well as being contracted effectively
- Following this an opportunity to make a significant kVa reduction at the redundant Westferry Printers site in London ensured a 6 figure per annum saving for the group
- Trying to get all sites to use one point of contact and for everything to be sent to head office
- Account Manager introduced new strategies for procurement of the gas, a mid-market product blending the best of a fixed contract with the flexibility of a fully flexible one while minimising exposure to a volatile market and therefore risk, a saving against an equivalent fixed contract achieved through flexible purchases made by the Account Manager
- Managing a long standing billing dispute with a large electricity supplier regarding a mistake on their part caused by the DA/DC using estimated HH data as CTs installed in reverse, involved meetings with both parties to reach an agreeable solution and avoiding regulator involvement
- Expert management of the mandatory compliance in both the governments CRC scheme and ESOS
- One dedicated Corporate Account Manager reporting directly to Head of Corporate who also has an excellent understanding of the business and a close working relationship
- Assistance and reporting regarding energy management, reduction advice, budgeting, billing and invoice validation
- All services offered in relation to change of tenancies, billing, site works and compliance
- Full tender and negotiation of contracts to the whole market, as well as regular market updates to keep the client aware of any opportunities
Need To Talk?
Call 01727 877020
Prefer that we call you?
Use the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your needs.
Alternatively write to us at:
LSI ENERGY, Hastings House, 12 Park Industrial Estate, Park Street, Frogmore St Albans, AL2 2DR